Monday 5 February 2018

My First Deepavali Celebration Onboard of Ship

Her name is Puteri Delima. 18th of  August 2016 is the day where I first met her. She was huge and 273 meter long. I spent almost  6 months with her. During that time I understood that life at sea not only tough physically but mentally as well. Among the toughest thing that all the seafarers facing on onboard is being away from your loved ones. Especially during the festival days. Being onboard for the first time as a cadet I experinced the same situation during my Deepavali festival. It will be hard at fisrt but it wont be that hard if you get ship crews who are treating you like their own family members. It was exciting moment for me when the captain ask the ship crews to make a prepration onboard to celebrate Deepavali festival. Personnally it was on of my best Deepavali in my life time where i got a chance to celebrate my festival with multi cultural and multi national people. We really had blast on that day where we arranged lots of fun games and also games related to festival of light like drawing kolam and so on. And the food for the was exceptional where for the first time I able to taste the lobster in my lifetime and also we had the food on banana leaaves which is the tradition way to eat for the indians. It was great experience for me celebrating the festival onboard although it was abit with a mixed feeling.









No comments:

Post a Comment

INDAHNYA PENGALAMAN

Hye, bertermu kembali untuk blog kali ini.hahaa. Yaa, mungkin ini blog terakhir untuk sesi tahun 2018. Jika deberi kesempatan, bertemu kemba...